VSPM’s College of Physiotherapy has evolved from a small clinical setup to a present well equipped institution in the past years. Earlier, Physiotherapy OPD was started at LMH (Buldi) in the year 1990 with Dr. Shobha Bhave as a Clinical Therapist, with 1 plinth and 1 Shortwave diathermy machine. Dr. Mugdha Deshpande had joined as clinical therapist in the year 1996.
Later, VSPM’s College of physiotherapy was started in the year 1999 by VSPMAHE with the support and encouragement of Hon’ble Chairman Shri. Ranjeet Deshmukh and founder Shri. Bhausaheb Bhoge. Dr Mangala Deshpande, Director and DR.Maneesha Deshpande were the founder staff members. The college got undergraduate approval in August 1999 with 33 students and had 100% result in 1st year BPTh.
VSPM’s College of Physiotherapy has attained a prestigious status due to the personal interest and strenuous efforts taken by the committed team of office bearers- Founder, Shri Bhausaheb Bhoge, Chairman, Shri. Ranjeet Deshmukh, Treasurer Dr. Ashish Deshmukh, Secretary Dr. Amol Deshmukh, Ex Director Dr. Mangala Deshpande and Principal Dr. Maneesha Deshpande.
Presently the college has an intake of 50 undergraduate as well as 19 post graduate students per year, 17 MUHS approved teaching staff and well-equipped Kinesiotherapy, Electrotherapy, Musculoskeletal, Neurosciences, Cardiorespiratory and Community based rehabilitation Labs.
VSPM’s College of Physiotherapy is the only Physiotherapy College in Vidarbha region running the PhD course with 3 registered scholars.
The college also bears Special Investigation Apparatus like Gait and Motion analysis lab, EMG-NCV studies, Power lab for exercise testing and VO2 analysis, Pulmonary function testing, Exercise testing for Cardiorespiratory endurance, Advanced Combination electrotherapy modalities and Laser therapy.
The institute serves to provide specialized clinical facilities like wound healing, pain management, obesity management, physiotherapy management in traumatic and non-traumatic musculoskeletal conditions, adult and paediatric conditions, women’s health, geriatrics and community based rehabilitation.
The institute also runs peripheral outreach centres at Wadi, Jaitala and Katol, Nagpur, and in-house physiotherapy services at Geriatrics rehabilitation at Panchwati and Matoshree (adasa) and Rehabilitation for specially abled children at Government centres (DDRC).
The college has a future plan of starting specialty practices like Parkinson’s club, Stroke club, Sports rehabilitation, Cerebral palsy club.
VSPM’s COP believes in clinical and academic excellence as well as personal mentoring of students to prepare them to achieve great height in becoming skillful clinicians and ideal professionals in future to serve humanity.
- To provided basic and advanced knowledge of rehabilitation.
- To generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research and to promote by offering undergraduate.
- To provide education to students so that life-long learners.
- To provide equal opportunity for each student to become efficient physiotherapist and to promote Leadership qualities for physiotherapy Practice & Education.
- To identify areas of excellence and concentrate on patient`s needs by appropriate evaluation and diagnosis provide innovative and advanced Physical therapy Treatment.
- To provide value based quality education.
- To created innovative and effective education.
- To impart and maintain tradition of leadership, human and excellence in physiotherapy education.
- To provide a workplace where the atmosphere of trust encourages creativity and innovation.
- To contribute central India and the word through excellence in Health Sciences Education and Evidence-Based Research.
- To promote ethical.